An individual’s fertility legacy can be lost through terminal illness, a fatal accident or unexpected death at any point. This makes it important to take proactive legal and practical measures to protect your or a loved one’s fertility and not leave matters to chance.
Posthumous conception law is complex in the UK. Consent to the use of an individual’s eggs, sperm or embryos comprising their gametes is governed by specific legal criteria under the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 1990.
We provide expert and bespoke legal advice and solutions to enable individuals to maximise and protect their own and a loved-one’s fertility. This can help safeguard biological legacy and future family building plans.
How we can help
Our legal services include:
- Bespoke legal advice on posthumous conception law in the UK
- Preparation of legal documentation
- Legal support and representation in court proceedings
We provide expert tailored legal advice and representation on posthumous conception and fertility law including:
Posthumous conception legal review
This provides initial expert legal advice to support people undertaking posthumous conception (assisted conception involving the eggs, sperm or embryos of a deceased person). It:
- Provides legal advice on posthumous conception law in the UK.
- Helps individuals give and manage informed legal (as opposed to medical) consent to treatment, storage and use of eggs, sperm and embryos on a posthumous basis (i.e. after death).
- Helps navigate complex personal and legal issues.
- Answers legal and practical questions.
Note: this consultation does not provide medical advice. It only provides initial specialist advice on posthumous conception and fertility law in the UK (and not law in other jurisdictions). It does not prepare legal documentation. Terms and conditions apply. For further legal advice and assistance consider our other legal packages and bespoke legal services.
If you require legal assistance or wish to discuss your situation please get in touch
+44 (0) 20 7965 8399
Bespoke legal services
We provide a range of bespoke legal services that align with your needs and wishes. Our legal expertise spans the medical, fertility and family law sectors, enabling us to provide cutting-edge legal solutions.