Financial provision for a child
The financial costs of a child can encompass a range of complex legal, medical and practical issues under English law from pre-conception through to raising a child, which include:
- Fertility treatment and assisted conception legal and medical costs (e.g. if you have experienced medical negligence and become infertile or unable to carry a pregnancy).
- Modern family building legal costs associated with understanding and managing complex and evolving fertility and family law issues (e.g. co-parenting, known donation, surrogacy, complex personal situation, blended family dynamics, posthumous conception).
- Paternity/legal parentage dispute concerning costs of a child’s upbringing (e.g. maintenance, home, education etc).
We provide bespoke legal advice and solutions to resolve financial matters and place financial arrangements for the care and upbringing of a child on a firm legal basis.
How we can help
Our legal services include:
- Legal packages
- Bespoke legal advice tailored to your situation, needs and wishes
- Preparation of legal documentation
- Legal support and representation in court proceedings e.g. under Schedule 1 Children Act 1989
Financial provision children dispute – legal review
This provides initial expert legal advice on family and fertility law in the UK in the event of a financial provision (income and capital) dispute with a co-parent, former partner, current partner or other adult).
To include, maintenance and costs of upbringing, property, school fees. It:
- Advises on financial provision for a child (income and capital) and the legal and practical issues and implications arising under English law.
- Advises on the role and function of the Child Maintenance Service in the UK.
- Advises on applications for financial provision for a child in the English Family Court, including under Schedule 1 of the Children Act.
- Answers legal and practical questions.
- Creates a tailored legal and practical action plan.
This consultation only provides initial specialist legal advice on financial provision for a child, fertility and family law in the UK (and not law in other jurisdictions). It does not include review or preparation of legal documents or legal representation. Terms and conditions apply. For further legal advice and assistance consider our other legal packages and bespoke legal services.
If you require legal assistance or wish to discuss financial provision for a child contact us
+44 (0) 20 7965 8399
Bespoke legal services
We also provide further and ongoing tailored legal advice and assistance including: