At Louisa Ghevaert Associates we offer a range of specialist legal services and flexible pricing to include:
- Introductory free of charge ‘meet and greet’ appointments.
- Initial legal advice.
- Bespoke legal solutions.
- Legal packages at fixed prices (terms and conditions apply).
- Pay-as-you-go legal advice and assistance.
- Legal ‘mentoring service’ to assist self-representation in court.
- Full legal representation in court proceedings.
- VIP Service for those seeking additional support.
We are efficient, effective and open-minded. Our preeminent legal expertise provides value for money. We work with you to tailor legal services and costs to your individual needs and wishes.
Our legal services use video conferencing, email, telephone, correspondence and in-person meetings to provide flexible individually tailored solutions to suit your situation.
During an initial legal review meeting with you we will:
- Take your instructions and provide initial specialist legal advice.
- Collect information from you about your position and your proposed family building arrangements or family circumstances.
- Advise you on next steps and create viable legal and practical action plans.
Thereafter, we can provide further specialist and tailored legal advice, support and representation on an individually agreed basis.
Basis of our charges
Our hourly charges range from £250.00 – £375.00 plus VAT*.
Our travel charges are £ variable plus VAT*.
Our legal starter kits cost £325.00 plus VAT*.
Our initial legal packages start from £500.00 plus VAT* for an initial legal review meeting through to £4,500.00 plus VAT* for preparation of bespoke Legal Agreements and documents.
*VAT is charged in addition at 20%.
Any disbursements incurred on your behalf will be charged in addition. Disbursements (i.e. payments to others) will include, for example any courier, court, document translation, barrister or expert fees payable.
If legal proceedings apply in the High Court, Court of Appeal or Supreme Court a barrister will be instructed to appear at an additional cost. Barristers fees will be charged as a disbursement and attract VAT at 20%.
We also provide:
- Initial costs estimates to help you get started.
- Regular personalised costs estimates and executive costs summaries.
- Monthly invoices and detailed costs breakdowns to aid costs management.
Please note that we only undertake legal work on a privately funded basis and we do not provide legal services funded by legal aid.
The number of hours spent on your case will be determined by the complexity of your personal situation and legal issues (including domicile status, multi-jurisdictional legal considerations, novel or unusual situations, evolving law and policy). We will discuss the likely cost of your case with you at our initial meeting. If additional costs arise due to unforeseen circumstances or a change in your instructions, we will discuss this with you at the earliest opportunity and we will advise you of any increase in cost that may arise.
Our charge-out rates will apply to all the work done on your case including time spent on the telephone, reading and considering incoming post or emails, writing letters or emails, preparing file notes of meetings, considering and drafting documents, reviewing your file, considering your case, preparing instructions to barristers and experts, researching law, attending conferences with barristers, attending court, meetings with you, meetings with other people connected with the case.