Legal Parentage Dispute
A dispute about a child’s legal parentage can arise in a range of modern family and assisted reproduction situations including:
- Problems with completion of patient HFEA consent forms at UK fertility clinics (e.g. missing or errors), calling into question the legal parentage of a non birth parent for their child.
- Dispute about legal parentage between parent/s and a known donor or co-parent following assisted conception.
- Dispute between a parent and a former partner about legal parentage for a child.
- Dispute between a parent and a surrogate about legal parentage for a child.
- Dispute between a step-parent and a child’s legal or biological parent in a blended family situation.
Legal parentage disputes can raise complex legal issues about legal status, identity, parental responsibility, contact with a child, a child’s upbringing, financial responsibility for a child, inheritance rights, citizenship and nationality. They require expert understanding and navigation of the legal, practical and wider issues under fertility and family law from the outset.
How We Can Help
Our legal services include:
- Legal packages
- Bespoke legal advice tailored to your situation, needs and wishes
- Preparation of legal documentation
- Legal support and representation in court proceedings
Legal parentage dispute – legal review
This provides expert legal advice on family and fertility law in the UK in the event of a legal parentage dispute with a known donor, co-parent, surrogate, former partner, current partner or other adult.
- Advises on legal parentage, parental responsibility and the legal and practical issues and implications arising under English law.
- Advises on legal options and process for acquiring or defending legal parentage for a child in the English Family Court.
- Advises on arrangements for the care and upbringing of the child.
- Answers legal and practical questions.
- Creates a tailored legal and practical action plan.
This consultation only provides specialist advice on legal parentage, fertility and family law in the UK (and not law in other jurisdictions). This package does not include legal representation or advice in court proceedings or preparation or review of legal documents. Terms and conditions apply. For further legal advice and assistance consider our other legal packages and bespoke legal services.
If you wish to discuss your situation or require legal assistance please contact us.
+44 (0) 20 7965 8399
Bespoke Legal Services
We also provide further and ongoing tailored legal advice, assistance and representation in legal proceedings concerning legal parentage in the English Family Court for: