An adoption order confers legal parentage and parental responsibility upon an individual (adopter) for a child. It is designed to be a permanent legal order under English law. It can be used flexibly in a number of modern family situations, including:
- Conferring legal parenthood on a non birth parent following assisted conception.
- Conferring legal parenthood on a family member for a child (e.g. following family placement of the child or unexpected death of a parent).
- Conferring legal parenthood on a step-parent in a blended family.
- Dispute about a child’s legal parentage.
We are experienced in placing family life on a firm legal basis. We provide cutting-edge legal advice, options and solutions for modern and blended families as well as those formed through assisted reproduction. Our preeminent legal expertise in both fertility and family law enables us to align the needs and wishes of modern families and those formed through assisted reproduction.
How We can Help
Our legal services under English law include:
- Legal packages
- Bespoke legal advice tailored to your situation, needs and wishes
- Preparation of legal documentation
- Legal support and representation in court proceedings
Adoption order – legal review
This provides expert English legal advice on adoption law for prospective parents, step-parents, family members and others looking to privately adopt a child.
- Advises on significance and implications of adoption law under English law.
- Advises on legal criteria and court process for an adoption order in the English Family Court.
- Advises on alternative family law orders for a child (if applicable).
- Provides a legal and practical risk assessment.
- Answers legal and practical questions.
- Creates a tailored legal and practical action plan.
This consultation only provides initial specialist advice on adoption and family law in the UK (and not law in other jurisdictions). This package does not include legal representation or advice in court proceedings or review or preparation of legal documents. Terms and conditions apply. For further legal advice and assistance consider our other legal packages and bespoke legal services.
If you wish to discuss your situation or you require legal assistance please contact us.
+44 (0) 20 7965 8399
Bespoke Legal Services
We also provide further and ongoing tailored legal advice, assistance and representation in legal proceedings for adoption (and other family orders) in the English Family Court, including:
- A legal parentage dispute
- A child arrangements order
- A special guardianship order
- A declaration of parentage order