Complex Children and Family Law
The creation of modern families and those built through assisted conception can raise a wide range of complex, unforeseen and unwanted legal and practical issues, including:
- Relationship issues with an existing or previous partner, known donor, co-parent or surrogate.
- Uncertainty about legal status of a new partner.
- Lost or impaired fertility (illness, injury, medical negligence).
- Age, social, cultural, gender, medical and religious issues.
- International lifestyle legal and practical issues.
We provide expert specialist legal advice. We operate at the forefront of law, policy and practice , delivering innovative legal solutions to meet the needs of modern families.
How we can help
Our legal services include:
- Legal packages
- Bespoke legal advice tailored to your situation, needs and wishes
- Preparation of legal documentation
- Legal support and representation in court proceedings
Complex personal or family situation - legal review
This provides initial tailored expert advice for those with complex personal, children and family issues. It can encompass a wide range of issues, including:
- Legal advice on family and fertility law in the UK and its application internationally.
- Legal advice on legal parentage and parental responsibility for a child under English law.
- Legal advice on a child’s upbringing and legal and practical implications arising in the UK.
- Legal advice on legal and biological identity, status, legacy and family narrative under English law.
- Identifies legal and practical risks and steps to mitigate these.
- Answers legal and practical questions.
- Creates a tailored legal and practical action plan.
This consultation does not provide medical advice. It only provides initial specialist advice on fertility and family law in the UK (and not law in other jurisdictions). It does not include preparation or review of legal documents or legal representation. Terms and conditions apply. For further legal advice and assistance consider our other legal packages and bespoke legal services.
If you require legal assistance or wish to discuss a complex children and family law matter contact us
+44 (0) 20 7965 8399
Bespoke legal services
We also provide further expert tailored legal advice and representation concerning complex children, fertility and family law issues under English law, including:
- Wardship order
- Declaration of parentage order
- Parental responsibility order
- Child arrangements order
- A specific issue order
- A financial provision order