Specialist fertility and family law advice can help manage a range of legal and wider issues associated with a change in gender or non-binary status, including:
- Tailored advice about family building options and law as a trans or non-binary individual.
- Tailored advice about fertility preservation options and law as a trans or non-binary individual.
- Giving informed legal (as opposed to medical) consent to fertility treatment at a UK fertility clinic as a trans or non-binary individual (including storage and use of gametes and embryos).
- Obtaining spousal consent to a change in legal gender and obtaining a new marriage certificate upon issue of a Gender Recognition Certificate.
- Divorce proceedings (if a spouse disagrees with a change in gender).
- Dissolution of a civil partnership (since UK law only recognises same-sex civil partnerships).
- Care and upbringing of a child.
- Resolution of a children of family law dispute.
We can provide expert bespoke legal solutions and a range of flexible legal services to suit your needs and wishes. We can work with you from pre-conception, during pregnancy and throughout parenthood to create and safeguard your much wanted family.