There are over 2.8 million single parents in the UK and ten percent of these are single or solo fathers. Some choose to become a solo father through: natural conception, assisted conception and surrogacy, co-parenting and adoption. Others become a solo father as a result of relationship breakdown or bereavement.
There are many legal issues to consider when building and legally securing a modern family as a solo man in the UK, including:
- Family building options and law.
- Fertility preservation and maximization options and law.
- Fertility treatment law.
- Co-parenting law (if you plan to co-parent a child with another person or couple).
- Surrogacy law (if you plan to conceive a child through surrogacy).
- Adoption and fostering law (if you plan to adopt or foster a child).
- Guardianship for a child (should you pass away or become incapacitated).
- Financial provision for a child.
- Legal parentage (including birth certificate arrangements).
- Care and upbringing of a child (including exercise of parental responsibility and dispute management with a co-parent, surrogate, former partner or other individual).
We can provide expert bespoke legal solutions and a range of flexible legal services to suit your needs and wishes. We can work with you from pre-conception, during pregnancy and throughout parenthood.