There can be a variety of reasons why a heterosexual couple may require legal assistance when conceiving or parenting a child, including:
- Inability to conceive and need for fertility treatment (e.g. unexplained infertility, miscarriage, illness, age).
- Need for egg, sperm or embryo donation.
- Desire to build a family through surrogacy.
- Desire to build a family through adoption.
- Relationship breakdown (e.g. dispute with a former partner or spouse about the care and upbringing of a child).
- Blended family issues (e.g status and rights of a step-parent, relationship issues with a former partner, dispute about arrangements for a child’s upbringing).
Assisted conception and the creation and restructure of families as a result of relationship breakdown, adoption and blended family forms can create complex legal issues under fertility and family law in the UK and internationally. These can encompass legal difficulties and disputes about: legal parentage, parental responsibility, financial provision, a child’s care and upbringing, identity and status.
We can provide expert bespoke legal solutions and a range of flexible legal services to suit your needs and wishes. We can work with you from pre-conception, during pregnancy and throughout parenthood to create and safeguard your much wanted family.