Specific Issue Dispute
Disputes about a specific issue for a child can have far-reaching implications legally, practically, emotionally and financially.
Specific issue disputes can have additional layers of complexity for modern families and situations involving assisted reproductive technology and complex fertility, medical and identity issues.
Disputes about a specific issue concerning a child include whether:
- A child should be informed about their biological origins or assisted conception.
- A child should change their gender.
- A child’s name should be legally changed.
- A child should undergo specific medical treatment or an immunization.
- A child can permanently relocate within the UK or abroad.
- A child should be privately educated or attend a particular school.
We have leading expertise in resolving complex specific issues for children in modern families and those formed through assisted reproduction. We lead at the forefront of fertility and family law and policy, delivering innovative legal solutions.
Bespoke Legal Services
We provide expert tailored legal advice and representation in relation to a specific issue or dispute concerning a child and other orders in the English Court including: