From an English legal perspective, undertaking fertility treatment can confer unwanted legal parental status and rights on individuals for a prospective child.  This is particularly the case if you are in a complex personal situation, including:

  • A woman undertaking fertility treatment and you are separated but still married or in an existing civil partnership.
  • A husband of a wife from whom you are separated but not yet divorced and she is undergoing fertility treatment.
  • A woman who is separated but still married or in an existing civil partnership with a woman undergoing fertility treatment.

If you require legal assistance or wish to discuss your situation contact us

 +44 (0) 20 7965 8399

How we can help

Our legal services include:

  • Legal packages
  • Bespoke legal advice for your situation, needs and wishes
  • Preparation of legal documentation
  • Legal support and representation in court proceedings

Bespoke legal services

We can assist with:

  • Legal advice and preparation of bespoke legal documentation to evidence lack of consent to legal parenthood and status in fertility treatment.
  • Declaration of legal parentage in cases where HFEA consent forms have been lost or completed in error

In the News

Father and toddler

Twitter updates

Follow Louisa on Twitter for latest industry updates

Read More

Our latest news

Read our news on fertility & modern family law

Read More

Our blog

Louisa discusses her opinion on different topics

Read More