From an English legal perspective, undertaking fertility treatment can confer unwanted legal parental status and rights on individuals for a prospective child. This is particularly the case if you are in a complex personal situation, including:
- A woman undertaking fertility treatment and you are separated but still married or in an existing civil partnership.
- A husband of a wife from whom you are separated but not yet divorced and she is undergoing fertility treatment.
- A woman who is separated but still married or in an existing civil partnership with a woman undergoing fertility treatment.
How we can help
Our legal services include:
- Legal packages
- Bespoke legal advice for your situation, needs and wishes
- Preparation of legal documentation
- Legal support and representation in court proceedings
Bespoke legal services
We can assist with:
- Legal advice and preparation of bespoke legal documentation to evidence lack of consent to legal parenthood and status in fertility treatment.
- Declaration of legal parentage in cases where HFEA consent forms have been lost or completed in error