Known Donor Agreement
The English Family Court advises known donors and prospective parents to:
- Obtain specialist legal advice at the outset, and
- Enter into a written known donor agreement before conception
A written known donor agreement should be tailored to your personal situation, needs and wishes. It requires careful consideration and management of a range of complex legal and practical issues. It can be even more complex when there is an international dimension, a previous close or personal relationship exists between the parties, the parties seek to conceive by private arrangement and where parties need to navigate additional health and fertility issues.
A written known donor agreement has a number of functions, including:
- Help understanding and navigation of legal issues and risks.
- Tool to aid communication.
- Tool to manage expectations and wishes.
- Evidential use in the event of a subsequent dispute and litigation.
Our preeminent legal expertise spans the fertility, medical and family law sectors. We provide cutting-edge legal options and solutions to meets the needs of modern families formed through assisted reproduction.