Parental Responsibility Dispute
A dispute about parental responsibility for a child can arise in a range of family situations including:
- Dispute about parental responsibility between parent/s and a known donor or co-parent following assisted conception.
- Dispute between a parent and a former partner about parental responsibility for a child.
- Dispute between a parent and a surrogate about parental responsibility for a child.
- Dispute between a step-parent and a child’s parent in a blended family situation.
Parental responsibility disputes can raise complex legal issues about legal status, identity, decision making for a child and involvement in a child’s upbringing. They require expert understanding and navigation of the legal, practical and wider issues under English fertility and family law from the outset.
We provide bespoke legal advice, options and solutions to meet individual situations, needs and wishes. We deliver cutting-edge legal expertise, operating at the forefront of law and policy for modern families and those formed through assisted reproduction.
How we can help
Our legal services under English law include:
- Legal packages
- Bespoke legal advice tailored to your situation, needs and wishes
- Preparation of legal documentation
- Legal support and representation in court proceedings
Parental responsibility dispute – legal review
This provides expert legal advice on family and fertility law in the UK in the event of a parental responsibility dispute with a known donor, co-parent, surrogate, former partner, current partner, step parent or other adult).
- Advises on parental responsibility, legal status, identity and the legal and practical issues and implications arising under English law.
- Advises on legal options and process for acquiring, defending or restricting the exercise of parental responsibility for a child under English law.
- Advises on the exercise of parental responsibility for a child and arrangements for their care and upbringing.
- Answers legal and practical questions.
- Creates a tailored legal and practical action plan.
This consultation only provides initial specialist legal advice on parental responsibility, fertility and family law in the UK (and not law in other jurisdictions). It does not include preparation or review of legal documents or legal representation. Terms and conditions apply. For further legal advice and assistance consider our other legal packages and bespoke legal services.
If you require legal assistance with a parental responsibility dispute contact us.
+44 (0) 20 7965 8399
Bespoke legal services
We also provide further and ongoing tailored legal advice, assistance and representation in legal proceedings relating to parental responsibility in the English Family Court, to include:
Louisa Ghevaert has dealt with numerous leading cases in the UK dealing with the significance, acquisition, restriction and exercise of parental responsibility for a child. Read more here.
News and commentary
Click here to read more about our media and commentary work in relation to family and fertility law, policy and practice.